Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sorry So Slow











Is it August already! I'm sure anyone still following this is not thinking I got stuck in Guangzhou. However my blog site did! I did make it home safe and sound and managed to recover from jet lag over the weekend. Before long I was back to full swing at work and realized I no longer had the time to ponder what I wanted to write! I did want to provide some closing thoughts that can be summed up by my last few minutes in China:

As I climbed on to the airplane (a tad frazzled as that was the first time I have navigated through an international airport solo) I slowed down enough to let the magnitude of such a trip hit me. Just then a little boy speaking Chinese with his grandmother behind me started to sing...."Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so, little ones to him belong, they are weak but he is strong...Yes Jesus loves me, Yes Jesus loves me, Yes Jesus loves me, for the bible tells me so..... sung in an adorable Chinese accent of course. I turned around and said "That was wonderful!", he replied "sank you". As you can imagine the tears flowed for awhile. Yes Jesus Loves us all and made his presence known at every turn.


For those of you following, I will be posting pictures here and there as I have a chance to edit them.

2 comments:

D said...

What an amazing experience...and what a great event on the plane to wrap it all up!

A said...

What a great surprise to see a new post light up on my bloglines. I am glad that you had such a great experience. What a sweet experience for you in the airport.