Friday, July 6, 2007

I'm here!

Well it is Friday evening here, which is very strange to think that everyone is just getting their Friday started there! I am so glad to have finally arrived. It was a smooth flight and I had the exit row which was delightful. It feels like I have not slept in two days but I did catch a few cat naps on the plane. This is such an exciting city it's been pretty easy to stay awake. The first thing I noticed when we landed was the thick gray fog that hovers over the city. Then I noticed how beautifully landscaped everything is and how many tall buildings there are. Not to mention there are no rules that apply to anyones driving. All that to say it has been a wide awake experience so far!

I arrived at the airport about 15 minutes before one of the families. We all rode to the hotel together. We are staying at a Howard Johnson that looks like The Ritz, very regal and relaxing. I'll post more pictures hopefully tomorrow. It has been wonderful to walk around the city with Joe and Julie. It is hard to believe that we are here and in a few days they will all be meeting their children for the first time!

I will hopefully be able to write a bit more later but right now I feel like I am in a sleepy fog so more to come!

8 comments:

Deb said...

Glad you all made it safe. I'm so excited to watch this journey through your eyes. I'll be praying for all of you over the next weeks.

lreddish said...

Yoohoo!! You've arrived! I'm so thankful. The lyrics to one of my favorite anthems just popped into my head as I'm replying...."Go forth into the world in peace, be of good courage, give thanks to what is good...give thanks to what is good." Love you. P.S. Check your personal email account for a message from Katie.

A said...

Way to score an exit row seat!! Glad you made it to China safely. I look forward to reading about your experience. We will be praying for you.

D said...

What?!? You're in China! How exciting! I can't wait to read all about it!

lreddish said...

Called Mema and Papa to let them know you arrived safely. They send their love and said they are holding you in their thoughts and prayers and hope everything turns out "rosy'!

Anonymous said...

yay!! So glad to read that you made it. Blogs are the best invention ever! I can't wait to see pictures. Enjoy everything!

Carol Demuth said...

Rachael----This is so neat!! I will look forward to vicariously experiencing China through your eyes!!
God bless you & keep you on your journey,
Carol

Strickland Family said...

Hi Sweet Rachel,
You are going to have the most wonderful 2 weeks ever! Give that Faith Zimmer the biggest hug and kiss from the Stricklands.